- Do a walk around of your house. The Department of Energy reports that drafts are a leading cause of wasted energy.
- Programmable thermostats can change temperatures automatically, so you wake up at a comfortable temperature in the morning. This may be the single most useful tool to install in your house, saving you on energy while you’re away at work or asleep. That’s almost 2/3 of your weekdays!
- Insulate your water heater. This makes sure that heat stays in where it should be. You should also weather-strip and caulk all of your doors to prevent the escape of heat. Caulking windows is a good idea too.
- 4. Turn your thermostat up or down, (depending on the season), a few degrees. Often the change in temperature won’t even be noticeable, especially once you’ve spent some time adjusting. It would be a good thing to save energy by getting a maintenance agreement for your air conditioner, this way your system will not struggle to run during hot day and in turn this will lower your electricity bill.
- Clean or replace your filters. This is the lifeblood of you system and it improves efficiency which saves you money. And thats good news for anyone concerned about the rising costs of energy.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_cta_button call_text=”If you have any other questions about saving on your electrical bill please feel free to give us a call or email we will help! 24/7 always open even holidays.” title=”Contact Us!” target=”_self” color=”btn-danger” icon=”wpb_play” size=”btn-large” position=”cta_align_right” href=”http://www.gwrmcool.com/contact-us/”][/vc_column][/vc_row]